Senior SolarWinds Monitoring Engineer
- Worthing, West Sussex
- Competitive Salary + Excellent benefits
- Full Time
This leading SolarWinds Professional Services provider is seeking an enthusiastic Technical Engineer to join their growing team. Providing SolarWinds installation and Consultancy services both remotely and onsite in a pre and post sales capacity.
The Senior Engineer (Network, Field & Systems) will undertake a number of duties to ensure the smooth delivery of onsite and offsite professional services consultancy and training on the SolarWinds suite of IT monitoring and management solutions. They work to ensure that all engagements are delivered to a high level and meet customer needs.
Proactive in their work habits, is commercially driven with an entrepreneurial approach to business. They are excellent communicators who are quick to build relationships at all levels, are highly organised and understand the need for accuracy in all aspects of the role.
The Senior Engineer is the standard bearer for the team and is required to uphold the standards and expectations across all facets of the job role and the business at all times. The candidate will be unwavering in their attitude and approach with demonstrable confidence, they will be inspirational to their colleagues and direct peers whilst assisting in fostering an environment of growth and support.
Professional Services Delivery
- Ensure all customer engagements are delivered to a high standard
- Complete engagements remotely or onsite for customers as required
- Create design documents based on requirements. This includes from short statement of works, to HLDs, LLDs and implementation plans
- Complete health checks and ensure documentation is produced in a timely manner for the Account Manager
- Complete documentation as required by company policy and procedures
- Ensure all data captured and all documentation associated with a project is uploaded in the correct files on the server and CRM
- Ensure compliance to company expense policy
- Hold presales and scoping calls with customers in order to identify technical requirements
- Attending/holding customer meetings/calls with Account Manager to present and uncover customer requirements
- Provide solution demonstrations
- Deliver SolarWinds training for customers as appropriate and deliver this onsite or offsite as required
- Work with in our ethos of internal knowledge sharing amongst team members, assist in the training of other team members in own area of expertise
- Contribute to the internal repository of knowledge resources
- Help the support team solving support tickets on an adhoc basis
- Keep up to date with new features and versions of the SolarWinds products
- Write blog posts about SolarWinds features
The Senior Engineer (Network, Field & Systems) will need to be highly organised with experience in a similar role and either directly with SolarWinds or similar monitoring solutions to a high level. They will have an overall high degree of technical knowledge and proficiency.
They must have a flexible attitude, be prepared to work to tight deadlines, with changing priorities and enjoy the challenges of working in a demanding role. They will be a quick learner with a pleasant demeanour who is able to work co-operatively with a wide variety of people and be able to challenge and suggest improvements where applicable. Reliable, dependable and willing to pitch in at all times, they will be used to delivering training to a high standard and working in a customer facing role.
- At least two years experience installing and configuring SolarWinds Orion, or similar monitoring tools
- Positive, flexible, proactive attitude with a strong sense of responsibility to ensure the highest standards are met throughout the business
- Expert with Network and Application Management protocols such as SNMP, SNMP Traps, Syslog, ICMP, WMI, Netflow,…
- High attention to detail
- Able to communicate clearly and effectively at all levels
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Calm, organised and able to work well within a team
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team
- Ability to plan, organise and prioritise own workload
- Previous use of CRM/database applications
- High degree of technical knowledge across a wide range of platforms
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or Information Technology.
- Candidates with an industry certification preferred: CCNA, CCNP, VCP, CCP, MSCA, CISA.
- System Administration experience across a range of IT systems and solutions; Windows/*Nix Server Operating Systems, Software Installation and Management, Active Directory, Storage, Virtualisation, SQL Databases.
- SQL data reporting using SQL Query Language.
- Experience of providing tier1/ tier 2 support.
Benefits: Pension, Private HealthCare, Childcare Vouchers, Cycle Scheme & up to, 25 days Holiday
- Unity - One team. No exceptions, we are a family united by a clear purpose.
- Integrity - We put our people first; our people put our Customers first.
- Quality - Strive for Excellence. Search for Improvements.
If you are keen to pursue this exciting career opportunity, please forward your CV (outlining qualifications, experience and relevant personal details) to firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 01903 340 993.
Expiration for Application: 31st October 2020
We do not use recruitment agencies, so please do not waste your time and ours by contacting us.