Senior SolarWinds Field Engineer
- Worthing, West Sussex
- Competitive Salary + Excellent benefits
- Full Time
This leading SolarWinds Professional Services provider is seeking an enthusiastic Technical Engineer to join their growing team. Providing SolarWinds installation and Consultancy services both remotely and onsite in a pre and post sales capacity.
Responsibilities (include, but not limited to):
- Create HLD and LLD of the monitoring solutions provided by the company.
- Onsite and remote consultancy including implementation of monitoring solutions, perform assessments, platform health checks, etc.
- Create and provide post-installation documentation including installation log, manuals and procedure documents.
- Maintain and update internal documentation, including technical procedures, KB articles and how-to guides.
- Provide pre & post-sales technical support to end customers remotely.
- Vendor and 3rd Party support and escalations.
- Deliver onsite and in-house training to customers.
- Support sales team providing product demonstrations, highlighting the benefit of the solutions to potential customers.
- Log all support and sales activity within the company CRM.
- This job position requires travel to customer sites throughout the UK. Eventually, it might require travel to Europe, USA or the Middle East.
Essential Skills Required:
- Experience with the SolarWinds Orion suite. Experience with other monitoring tools will be considered.
- Customer facing skills.
- Professional level of familiarity with enterprise level IT infrastructure. Understanding of enterprise level topologies and different roles of the devices: routing, wireless, firewalls, load balancers, WAN optimization devices.
- Experience with monitoring protocols: SNMP, Netflow, WMI, Event logs, scripting.
- Ability to work in a changing environment. Learn new technologies and/or products, adapt to different standards.
- The ability to work on your own initiative providing the expertise to clients and the ability to implement solutions.
- Excellent at problem-solving and a talent for identifying creative solutions.
- Good written and verbal communication skills. Experience creating high-level documentation and understanding of the sales environment.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or Information Technology.
- Candidates with an industry certification preferred: CCNA, CCNP, VCP, CCP, MSCA, CISA.
- System Administration experience across a range of IT systems and solutions; Windows/*Nix Server Operating Systems, Software Installation and Management, Active Directory, Storage, Virtualisation, SQL Databases.
- SQL data reporting using SQL Query Language.
- Experience of providing tier1/ tier 2 support.
Benefits: Pension, Private HealthCare, Childcare Vouchers, Cycle Scheme & up to, 25 days Holiday
- Unity - One team. No exceptions, we are a family united by a clear purpose.
- Integrity - We put our people first; our people put our Customers first.
- Quality - Strive for Excellence. Search for Improvements.
If you are keen to pursue this exciting career opportunity, please forward your CV (outlining qualifications, experience and relevant personal details) to firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 01903 340 993.
Expiration for Application: 28th September 2018
We do not use recruitment agencies, so please do not waste your time and ours by contacting us.