Senior SolarWinds Field Engineer
- Worthing, West Sussex
- Competitive Salary + Excellent benefits
- Full Time
This leading SolarWinds Professional Services provider is seeking an enthusiastic Technical Engineer to join their growing team. Providing SolarWinds installation and Consultancy services both remotely and onsite in a pre and post sales capacity.
Responsibilities (include, but not limited to):
- Create HLD and LLD of the monitoring solutions provided by the company.
- Onsite and remote consultancy including implementation of monitoring solutions, perform assessments, platform health checks, etc.
- Create and provide post-installation documentation including installation log, manuals and procedure documents
- Maintain and update internal documentation, including technical procedures, KB articles and how-to guides
- Provide pre & post-sales technical support to end customers remotely
- Vendor and 3rd Party support and escalations
- Deliver onsite and in-house training to customers
- Support sales team providing product demonstrations, highlighting the benefit of the solutions to potential customers
- Log all support and sales activity within the company CRM
- This job position requires constant travel to customer sites throughout the UK. Eventually it might require travel to Europe, USA or Middle East.
Essential Skills Required:
- At least 2 years of experience with the SolarWinds Orion suite as an administrator of the tool. Experience with other monitoring tools will be considered.
- Customer facing skills
- Professional level of familiarity with enterprise level IT infrastructure. Understanding of enterprise level topologies and different roles of the devices: routing, wireless, firewalls, load balancers, WAN optimization devices
- Experience with monitoring protocols: SNMP, Netflow, WMI, Event logs
- Experience with SQL queries
- Networks certification: CCNA, CCNP, CCIE, JNCIA, JNCIS, JNCIP, JNCIE
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or Information Technology
- Candidates with an industry certification preferred: VCP, CCP, MSCA, CISA…
- Experience of providing tier1/ tier 2 support
- Ability to work in a changing environment. Learn new technologies and/or products, adapt to different standards
- The ability to work on your own initiative providing the expertise to clients and the ability to implement solutions
- Excellent at problem-solving and a talent for identifying creative solutions
- Good written and verbal communication skills. Experience creating high-level documentation and understanding of the sales environment
Benefits: Pension, Private HealthCare, Childcare Vouchers, Cycle Scheme & up to, 25 days Holiday
- Unity - One team. No exceptions, we are a family united by a clear purpose.
- Integrity - We put our people first; our people put our Customers first.
- Quality - Strive for Excellence. Search for Improvements.
If you are keen to pursue this exciting career opportunity, please forward your CV (outlining qualifications, experience and relevant personal details) to email@example.com or call us on 01903 340 993.
Expiration for Application: 31st May 2018
We do not use recruitment agencies, so please do not waste your time and ours by contacting us.