Junior Monitoring Engineer
£22,000 - £30,000 PLUS Excellent Benefits
Prosperon Networks, the UK’s leading SolarWinds Professional Services provider is seeking an enthusiastic technical engineer to join our team. Due to increased customer demand for our Professional Services we are looking to expand our technical team specialising in network and systems management solutions of which SolarWinds is a market leader.
Based in the South East of England we have a position for a junior engineer or computer science graduate to expand our professional services team. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a company that provides high-quality technical consultancy and installation services with a full focus on ICT monitoring and management solutions from SolarWinds and closely aligned vendors.
A wide-ranging role, which will allow the successful candidate to grow their skills working closely with the rest of the engineering team with a strong progression path and working with many high profile clients.
- Deliver onsite and remote installation and configuration services directly to Prosperon customers; working alongside other engineers and individually
- Work with the internal sales team to provide product demonstrations, highlighting the benefit of the solutions to potential customers
- Assist with Pre & Post-Sales technical support to end customers via telephone and remote assistance solutions on the software applications within the company portfolio
- Log all support and sales activity within the company CRM
- Principle understanding of
- Networking - Routing / Switching / Protocols
- Windows, Linux a bonus
- Storage and Virtualisation
- Enterprise Systems Administration
- Active Directory
- Common enterprise applications
- Computer Science (or equivalent) Graduate or proven background in IT
- Customer facing skills
- Organised and methodical approach to work
- High quality written skills
- Excellent at problem-solving and a talent for identifying creative solutions
- The ability to work on your own initiative providing the expertise to clients and the ability to implement solutions
- Experience of network and/or systems monitoring solutions such as SolarWinds, Nagios etc.
- Candidates with an industry certification: CCNA, CCNP, VCP, CCP, MSCA, CISA…
- System Administration experience across a range of IT systems and solutions; Windows/*Nix Server Operating Systems, Software Installation and Management, Active Directory, Storage, Virtualisation, SQL Databases
- SQL data reporting using SQL Query Language
- Experience of providing tier1/ tier 2 IT support
- Office Location: Worthing, West Sussex
- Job Hours: Full Time
- Position: Permanent
- Benefits: Pension, Private HealthCare, Childcare Vouchers, Cycle Scheme & up to 20 days Holiday
- Unity - One team. No exceptions, we are a family united by a clear purpose.
- Integrity - We put our people first; our people put our Customers first.
- Quality - Strive for Excellence. Search for Improvements.
If you are keen to pursue this exciting career opportunity, please forward your CV (outlining qualifications, experience and relevant personal details) to firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 01903 340 993.
Expiration for Application: 31st January 2018
We do not use recruitment agencies, so please do not waste your time and ours by contacting us.