IT Systems / Network / Field Engineer
£32,000 - £37,000 PLUS Excellent Benefits
Due to increased Customer demand, we are seeking an enthusiastic Technical Engineer to join our growing team. Providing installation and Consultancy services both remotely and onsite in a pre and post sales capacity and working closely with internal Sales staff.
Prosperon Networks, based in the South East of England, are the UK’s leading SolarWinds Professional Services provider specialising in Network and Systems Management Solutions.
Responsibilities (include, but not limited to):
- Provide onsite and remote consultancy and implementation of monitoring/management solutions to our diverse range of customers
- Create HLD and LLD of the monitoring solutions provided by Prosperon Networks.
- Create and provide post-installation documentation including installation log, manuals and procedure documents
- Maintain and update internal documentation, including technical procedures, KB articles and how-to guides
- Provide pre & post-sales technical support to end customers remotely
- Vendor and 3rd Party support and escalations
- Support sales team providing product demonstrations, highlighting the benefit of the solutions to potential customers
- Log all support and sales activity within the company CRM
- This job position requires travel to customer sites throughout the UK. With an additional potential for travel to Europe, USA or the Middle East.
Essential Skills Required:
- Experience and understanding on monitoring solutions
- Customer facing skills
- 3+ years technical experience in IT software/networking sector
- Professional level of familiarity with enterprise level IT infrastructure.
- Networking, Storage, Virtualisation, Servers, Applications
- Ability to work in a changing environment. Learn new technologies and/or products, adapt to different standards
- The ability to work on your own initiative providing the expertise to clients and the ability to implement solutions
- Excellent at problem-solving and a talent for identifying creative solutions
- Good written and verbal communication skills. Experience creating high-level documentation and understanding of sales environment
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or Information Technology
- Candidates with an industry certification preferred: CCNA, CCNP, VCP, CCP, MSCA, CISA…
- System Administration experience across a range of IT systems and solutions; Windows/*Nix Server Operating Systems, Software Installation and Management, Active Directory, Storage, Virtualisation, SQL Databases
- SQL data reporting using SQL Query Language
- Experience of providing tier1/ tier 2 support
- Office Location: Worthing, West Sussex (Potential to work from home, based on the following requirements: Suitable home office, commutable to London)
- Job Hours: Full Time
- Position: Permanent
- Benefits: Pension, Private HealthCare, Childcare Vouchers, Cycle Scheme & up to 25 days Holiday
- Unity - One team. No exceptions, we are a family united by a clear purpose.
- Integrity - We put our people first; our people put our Customers first.
- Quality - Strive for Excellence. Search for Improvements.
If you are keen to pursue this exciting career opportunity, please forward your CV (outlining qualifications, experience and relevant personal details) to email@example.com or call us on 01903 340 993.
Expiration for Application: 31st January 2018
We do not use recruitment agencies, so please do not waste your time and ours by contacting us.